Friday, November 28, 2014

Beyond Boundaries- A Film of Roses: Mehreen Quadri


If Love was not allowed to be left to blossom, this film by Gaurang Raval would not have been made. I understood that love needs no language, age, religion, status, background. This film took my understanding to a greater and broader level.
I was never a part of the immediate preparations of the movie. For me, the movie was a delightful surprise! Sitting in the audience, I could feel the love which was expressed by each couple in the film. The reason may also be that watching the smiling faces of the couples present in the audience I felt the essence of the movie.

The most beautiful line for me was what Neha Desai (youngest couple) said “After the marriage, I never had shocks. There were just happy surprises. One was, his mother is now my mother.” For me, acceptance is an important aspect in a marriage. By watching the movie, I felt that acceptance will be there at some point of time what is required is time and patience. 
The eldest couple  touched my heart the most, they were the youngest by heart, Nafisa and Rajoo Barot. They had to wait for more than a decade to give an acceptable name to their love courtship. After 33 years of their marriage, those 11 years seem to just fade away. Love is alive in their hearts, strong as ever.
I believe that the movie just showed Roses and not thorns which cling to an “Inter-caste” marriage. But this gave out a very strong message that there are some couples, who despite  all the sufferings, are eventually happy and content with their lives. The discussion in the end of the movie raised a few questions in my midn, but the couples confidently and positively answered them. Many messages were given by the couples, but the one which moved me was “Due to such marriages, Love grows between the partners and also lead to communal Harmony which is highly necessary at the societal level”

No comments:

Post a Comment