Sunday, November 30, 2014

Beyond Boundaries: Heenakshi Malhotra

In an era full of communal rebuttals and inter-religious disharmonies , these five couples made the hard decision to accept each other and adamantly tie the knots. They opposed popular belief that that inter religious marriages should be non existent and refuted an already irascible narrow minded society.
Beyond Boundaries , a film by mentor and friend, Gaurang Raval drew me closer to the idea that when two people marry , they marry each other and not their Gods.
Ask yourself this simple question-
Would you marry someone who is smart, understanding and compatible or someone who worships the same god as you?
A mentality disregarded as merely anachronistic by most Western people is still sadly prevalent in our country (and the world). Talking on a personal note , even I have had my days where I was counseled by sanctimonious know-it-all preachers against who to marry and who not to marry. I would also blatantly like to admit that my own parents have had concerns regarding this, leaving my own rationality entirely rescind.This film talks not about how society admonished such couples or how they faced a vicious personal diatribe but focuses on a respectful discussion of issues.It has greatly impacted my sense of thinking on this subject and I strongly recommend every young and old person to watch this film.

No comments:

Post a Comment