Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Have you seen Parzan?: Anshu Verma

I ask you, the one who is reading this blog while enjoying  a cup of coffee, sitting with your friends, listening to music, or thinking about anything else. What you are doing now is not important , the point of concern is have you seen Parzan ? Now you must be confused what am I talking about and why.I just realized, how would you know him.  
Last Saturday we had a screening in Sauhard on a movie 'Parzania'. The movie about society, where we live. The society that compares God, religion and even humans. A society where Parzan lives. He is a human,  shackled with fear, an innocent heart. He has wings of dreams which want to be unfolded. He is  one of us. You might know this but where is he and who is he, no one try to question it.Since  I have watched the film, I am trying to find the answer. Is there only one Parzan or there are many others like him. He might be wilting in a dark street. No one can see him, or maybe we are ignoring him. I decided to go and look there. In that dark street, a narrow one it's walls are burnt. There are echoes of the horrific past. He is familiar with them. He is sitting there in gloom, knees folded, he knows no one is there to listen to him. Pale lips which haven't smiled for  years. Now there is nothing.When I entered in that narrow street, I turned  and looked outside. No-one was looking into that street as if they couldn't see or didn't want to see. Some had a glance inside but they ignored it. Some of them were partying outside in the streets. I dared to ask him what happened here, why don't you come out with us ? The hopeless eyes looked at me and replied "They came here, they desolated this place, they told me that I wasn't like them. This city was theirs. They told me that I am one among a violent cult. Am I ? You should not stay here, you cannot change it, go back they will do the same with you also." I don't know whether I can change it or not. But now  I that who Parzan is. I know he is like us, he is one of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment